Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Stout & Chowder Recap


This past Saturday night Rolling Barrel Events hosted their first annual Stout & Chowder Festival at the Independence Seaport Museum. I arrived, not knowing what I would be pouring, and was lucky enough to be assigned to the Weyerbacher booth. I was pouring their Winter Ale all night but was able to sample most of the other breweries' offerings. I'd have to say that Dock Street's Satellite Espresso Stout was my favorite of the night. I had had majority of all of the other brews in attendance but this was a new one for me and it was very very impressive.

It was a rather small event, a very manageable beer fest that wasn't too overwhelming for the guests. I'd like to  see them expand the number of breweries just a little to offer some more variety for the more seasoned drinkers but I can't complain, I didn't pay to be there.

The volunteers were given most of the leftover bottles so I took home some Imperial Pumpkin, Storm King, and Yakima Glory. Not too shabby for a few hours "work". Judging from that night, Rolling Barrel sure can throw together a great event and I look forward to attending or working at their next.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment