Monday, November 8, 2010

Brew Masters on The Discovery Channel

It was only a matter of time before there was a show about the wonderful world of craft beer.


Brew Masters premieres November 21 at 10pm on The Discovery Channel and will follow Dogfish Head's Sam Calagione around his Delaware brewery and the world as he finds new recipes and ingredients for their "off-centered" brews.

I honestly can't believe it has taken The Discovery Channel this long to put together a show like this. With the countless number of shows about quirky bakeries or families contributing to the surplus population of the planet, it is nice to see show coming out that will actually interest me.


I know some people are looking down their nose at Sam Calagione for doing this but like a new beer, don't knock it before you try it. I think the concept has a lot of promise and hope it works out well. If it's a real success I would like to see them branch out and follow other "Brew Masters" around to see how other breweries operate. Either way, I know I'll be watching.

You can watch the short preview that came out last week here.

On a somewhat related note, if this show does well it just might encourage Spike to pick up Three Sheets so you should watch as well!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment