Monday, October 18, 2010

Adventures in Homebrewing: Bottling Day

My Blazing Pumpkin Ale has been bottled and is currently lying in wait in the laundry room. In a couple weeks it will unleash all of it's spicy Halloween goodness upon the taste buds of my family, friends, and most importantly, myself. That is of course if I didn't screw it up too much.

I had my friend Fae over to help me bottle and things couldn't have gone smoother. I'm so glad that I invested in that auto-siphon because it has quickly become one of my favorite tools. Bottling is the most enjoyable and least stressful step in the whole process for me...besides the drinking part. I decided to give labeling a shot and I think they look great. A label really makes you feel much more legitimate than you are.

The beer itself has a great color, really deep copper-orange. Once I took the airlock off I was immediately hit with a wonderfully spicy pumpkin aroma. I am quite pleased with the strong aroma because I find that to be especially important to a good pumpkin ale. We'll see how it turns out once it's ready for indulgence later this month. Fingers crossed.


Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. When do we get to see the labels?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All in good time. I'll put some pictures up once it's ready to drink and I finish labeling.

    ReplyDelete