Monday, February 7, 2011

Homebrewing at The White House

If you're anything like me...I'm sorry.

But if you're actually anything like me, yesterday's game meant absolutely nothing to you. I was working for most of the game but did manage to catch a couple mildly amusing commercials and was rather excited for a couple of the big movie previews. I mean who wouldn't want to see a movie titled 'Cowboys and Aliens' that stars Indiana Jones AND Jams Bond???

However there was some news that came out of the Super Bowl that caught my eye.


President Obama decided to buy a homebrewing kit in order to serve some homemade beer at The White House's Super Bowl Party. This story would be much better if the President had brewed the batch himself but he gave that job to The White House chefs. They used honey from some bee hives found on the property to brew their own White House Honey Ale. There weren't many other details released but the Obamas paid for the kit themselves which is pretty cool in and of itself I think.

This administration has had their share of beer-centric headlines over the past couple years but so far this is my favorite and not as contrived as that damn Beer Summit. I think the Founding Fathers would be proud.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment